Average daily temperatures are in the 70’s and 80’s (20-30C), with the morning and evenings generally in the 50’s to 60’s (12-18C). Since Tanzania is very close to the equator, the temperature doesn’t fluctuate very much throughout the year.
Regarding clothing, nothing too fancy is needed, but following these tips regarding your wardrobe will improve your safari experience:
- Dress completely informal — there will not be any occasions where you need to “dress up.”
- Neutral colors are recommended as they are less distressing to the animals compared with bright colors (red, orange, etc.).
- Dark colors (dark blue, black) are also to be avoided as they attract flies.
- It is a good idea to bring a light jacket or hoodie/jumper for morning and evening time, as temperatures do drop when the sun goes down.
- Dress in layers! That way you can easily pull layers off (or add them) as the temperature changes.
- Comfortable walking shoes and/or sandals for your footwear.
- Be sure to bring a swimming suit if you would like to take advantage of the outdoor pools that are available in some safari lodges.
Have any other questions regarding what to bring with you on safari? Please see our Safari Packing List page.
Have any questions regarding what you should wear (or not wear) on safari? Don’t hesitate to contact us.
Click here to go back to the main Frequently Asked Questions page.